Minnesota waterfowl hunting from pit blinds that will make you feel at home regardless of the weather. Hunts will begin around day break, with 40-100 dozen decoys ready and set up upon your arrival. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a guide-cooked breakfast while you wait in the blinds. Enjoy comfort while hunting, a rare combination. Thousands of geese each fall fly to the Fergus Falls waterfowl refuge to feed each day, typically arriving in the early morning with another flight in the afternoon. This listing includes lodging, guide, and bird.
These hunts are usually very interactive.
- Hunting access (5 geese per hunter per day)
- Blinds that are heated and cozy
- Breakfast and Lunch in blind. Dinner is on your own.
Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, interests, resources, and animal behavior.
- 3:00 PM Check in to Ten Mile Lodge
- 6:00 PM Rules and Resources of Ten Mile Lake Lodge and Pit Properties
- 6:30 PM Dinner (You can make dinner at the lodge or go out to eat. There is a small town bar in Dalton and Fergus Falls has a variety of options.)
- 6:00 AM Meet with your guide
- 6:45 AM Leave for blind
- 7:00 AM Settle into blind; safety and hunting strategy meeting
- 7:30 AM Breakfast in blind
- 12:00 PM Lunch in the blind
- 4:30 PM Finish up hunt and head back to lodge
What to Bring:
- Waterfowl license
- Shotgun (most people use 12 gauge)
- Shotgun Shells (3"-3.5" 2, BB shot)
- Warm clothes (Dress in layers, as it can be cold outside but will warm in the blind. Camo is not required for hunting in blind.)
Deposit & Refund Policy:
- 75% refundable if cancellation is 100 days before hunt
- 50% refundable if cancellation is 10 days before your hunt
- 25% refundable if cancellation is 10 days before your hunt
- 0% refundable if cancellation is less than 10 days before your hunt
- Bird Cleaning - $8/bird (individually bagged, cleaned, and 1 wing left for out of state transportation)
- Transportation (please contact if you'd like help with transportation)